About Me: Historian, Writer
- My passions in life are being the best mother I can, writing, working with at risk families and trying to age gracefully.
- Most challenges in life should be faced with music and laughter.
- Life rarely follows your timeline (nontraditional student, geriatric pregnancy-yes, I hate those terms).
- I have a reputation for speaking my mind, finding the humor in everything and encouraging my children to think independently.
- Well, that about covers it. A synopsis of my childhood would be a Jerry Springer episode. I’m saving that for the book.
The Maya Mojo is the name I have given to the snarky, irreverent, creative force that inspires me to write and evolve (in honor of my diva daughter who refers to herself The Maya). One of my favorite quotes from her namesake Maya Angelou is “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” I agree. Thanks for visiting and I look forward to hearing from you. Check out The Maya Mojo–Naming Your Muse to learn more.
Peace and Love, The Mommy.